ASUS A88X-Gamer Motherboard Features and Specifications
This post is about the ASUS A88X-Gamer gaming motherboard announced a while ago. It contains information about the features and specifications of the motherboard, as provided by ASUS. First is the press release:
ASUS Announces A88X-Gamer
Socket FM2+ ATX gaming motherboard delivers absolute fun with Gigabit Ethernet, exclusive SupremeFX audio and rock-solid Gamer’s Guardian components
A88X-Gamer is equipped with the latest Intel® Gigabit Ethernet networking for fast, lag-free online-gaming experiences, exclusive SupremeFX technology for flawless gaming audio and exclusive Gamer's Guardian components for exceptional durability and reliability. It also includes the ASUS-exclusive AI Suite 3 software to unleash the true power of AMD accelerated-processing units (APUs).
Gaming audioA88X-Gamer players benefit from exclusive SupremeFX technology for near-lossless audio with a remarkable signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of 115dB — so gamers hear every sound detail.
The advanced audio chipset is isolated from electromagnetic interference (EMI) by a protective shield, preserving the integrity of the audio signals. Exclusive ‘red-line shielding’ horizontally separates SupremeFX audio components from the rest of the motherboard. This unique combination effectively eliminates analog interference to ensure flawless sound quality. Premium ELNA® audio capacitors are added to the mix to deliver a warmer, natural sound to complete the audio experience.
SupremeFX also has a built-in amplifier that drives high-quality headphones — all the way up to 300ohm impedance — for sound quality that’s as great as a dedicated sound card.
Gaming networkingA88X-Gamer’s networking is powered by Intel Gigabit Ethernet. This offers exceptionally-high Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) throughput, lowering overall processing demands and improving efficiency — releasing more power for games and gameplay.
Gamer's Guardian componentsA88X-Gamer is engineered with high-quality, highly-durable Gamer’s Guardian components for exceptional real-world protection.
Gamer’s Guardian includes onboard resettable fuses that protect the connection ports and DRAM against overcurrent and short-circuit damage, while exceptionally high-quality, Japanese-made 10K black-metallic capacitors offer greater temperature endurance and improved lifespans.
Gamer’s Guardian ESD Guards on the USB ports, audio connectors and Ethernet (LAN) port ensure that A88X-Gamer is actively protected against sudden electrostatic discharge (ESD). The result is that the components last much longer.
A88X-Gamer also has the ASUS-exclusive Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) to enhance performance, increase efficiency and ensure reliability, and a stainless-steel back input/output (I/O) panel that’s chromium-plated and corrosion-resistant to last up to three times (3X) longer than traditional panels.
Envelope-pushing APU performance with AI Suite 3A88X-Gamer includes AI Suite 3, an ASUS-exclusive dashboard-style control panel that lets gamers fine-tune almost every aspect of A88X-Gamer-based systems for the best balance between performance, stability and efficiency — all via a simple and intuitive interface.
ASUS A88X-Gamer Motherboard Overview and Specifications
A88X gaming motherboard with an FM2+ socket, SupremeFX audio, Intel LAN and Gamer's Guardian components for absolute fun
- SupremeFX - Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet - Networking that just goes faster
- Gamer's Guardian - The real-world protection
- AI Suite 3 – Optimized performance, always!
- GPU Boost -Unlock integrated graphics performance
- CPUAMD Socket FM2+ Athlon™/A- Series Processors
Supports CPU up to 4 cores
Supports AMD® Turbo Core 3.0 Technology
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
- ChipsetAMD A88X (Bolton D4)
- Memory4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2250(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133/1866/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Support AMD Memory Profile (AMP) memory
* The Max. 64GB memory capacity can be supported with DIMMs of 16GB (or above). ASUS will update QVL once the DIMMs are available on the market.
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
- GraphicIntegrated AMD Radeon™ R/HD8000/HD7000 Series Graphics in the A-Series APU
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI/RGB ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz*1
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB
AMD® Dual Graphics technology support *2
- Multi-GPU SupportSupports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
- Expansion Slots1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode) *3
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode, black)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
3 x PCI
- StorageAMD A88X FCH(Bolton D4) chipset :
8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10, JBOD
- LANIntel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- AudioSupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 115 dB SNR stereo playback output
Audio Feature :
- SupremeFX Shielding™ Technology
- ELNA premium audio capacitors
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
- EMI protection cover to prevent electrical noise to affect the amplifier quality
- USB PortsAMD A88X FCH(Bolton D4) chipset :
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
AMD A88X FCH(Bolton D4) chipset :
10 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, black, 6 at mid-board)
- Special FeaturesGamer's Guardian:
- ESD Guards on LAN, Audio, KBMS and USB3.0/2.0 ports
- DRAM Overcurrent Protection
- 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
- Stainless Steel Back I/O
- DIGI+ VRM
ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- TurboV EVO
- GPU Boost
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- USB 3.0 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
- Media Streamer
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
- ASUS Fan Xpert 2
ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS MyLogo 2
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- Multi-language BIOS
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- Operating System SupportWindows® 8.1 , 32bit/64bit
Windows® 8 , 32bit/64bit
Windows® 7 , 32bit/64bit
- Back I/O Ports1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x DVI
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.0 (blue)
4 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
6 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)
3 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 6 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x TPM header
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- AccessoriesUser's manual
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- BIOS64 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 2.0a, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 2, ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3, F12 PrintScreen Function, F3 My Favorites and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
- Support DiscDrivers, ASUS utilities, EZ Update, Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Form FactorATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9.0 inch ( 30.5 cm x 22.9 cm )
- Note*1: *Only FM2+ APU can support up to 4096 x 2160 resolution display via HDMI port.
*2: Refer to http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/dual-graphics/Pages/dual-graphics.aspx#3 for the discrete GPUs which support Dual Graphics technology.
*3: Only FM2+ Processors can support PCIe3.0.
Share this post on ASUS A88X-Gamer Motherboard Features and Specifications