Follow the steps below to Remove a Virus from an Infected PC:-
What are the SYMPTOMS?
- DISABLED TASKMANGER
- DISABLED FOLDER OPTIONS
- DISABLED REGISTRY EDITING
- DISABLED ANTIVIRUS
- This is seldom, DISABLED Command Prompt
How can you fix these?
Before you continue, you must make sure that you are using the same applications that I have used in this tutorial, and do the same as I have.
Here is the Steps:-
- DISABLE the SYSTEM RESTORE feature in your PC Note:- To turn off Windows XP System Restore: ----->The steps below were done, assuming that you are the default Windows XP Start Menu and have not changed to the Classic Start menu. ( To re-enable the default menu, right-click Start, click Properties, click Start menu (not Classic) and then click OK. )
- Click Start
- Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties
- Click the System Restore tab
- Check "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives"
- Click Apply
- When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this
- Click OK
- Proceed with what you need to do; for example, virus removal. When you have finished, restart the computer and turn on System Restore
- Then Download and Install HERE
After the installlation of Task Killer, you will see a new icon in the System Tray. Then open the application, navigate through it and place your cursor on the task. Please, make sure whether the manufacturer is legit or not. If not, then end it as soon as possible.
- Then, Download and Install the COMBOFIX.EXE
- Also, Download and Install the SDFix.exe
If you want to fix your Registry and other problems in your PC ( you need to fix them ), then you should run your PC in SAFEMODE. After installing the SDFix, go to the C:\SDFix folder and run the Run_This.bat file.
- [ Optional ] Then, Download and Install CCleaner to clean your Temporary Files
- Update your ANTIVIRUS' Database or in the worse case, Re-install or Replace it
The SYMPTOMS mentioned above indicate towards a possible infection from Autoit, Sdbot-DIQ or Imaut-A, which is a high risk class of virus.
Generally it spreads through pendrives and infects every local drive on the pc and a file is present "funnyustscandal.avi.exe".
smss.exe are the processes present in Task Manager ( after severe infection, it won't let you open Task Manager ).
A complete format is recommended.
Funny UST Scandal.exe removal instructions
Remove Funny UST Scandal.exe system processes:
- Funny UST Scandal.exe
Remove Funny UST Scandal.exe files:
- Funny UST Scandal.avi.exe
Funny UST Scandal.exe
Remove Funny UST Scandal.exe registry values:
- CheckedValue 0
- Runonce Windows>\smss.exe
If you have any questions, you may ask, I`ll see if I can help
Share this post on Remove virus from Infected PC