ASUS HD 6770 DirectCU Silent graphics card
The press release was as follows:-
DirectCU Silent technology offers 95%* larger heatsinks for 16%* cooler performance
ASUS thermal engineers have developed exclusive DirectCU cooling technology, integrating direct-contact copper heat pipes that touch the GPU core for faster and more effective heat dissipation, and thus lower temperatures and better performance. Based on these principles, ASUS engineers have created the most effective 0dB silent graphics cards available. DirectCU Silent designs have been applied on the GT 430, GT 440, GTS 450 and HD 6670 previously, and now on the HD 6770 model. Through intricate material processing and intelligent molding, the heatsinks in DirectCU Silent cards offer up to 95%* larger surface area and run around 16%* cooler than conventional passive cards, resulting in more stable performance and longer lasting products.
Super Alloy Power enhances product longevity and performance
Based on a proprietary alloy mix developed in-house by ASUS, Super Alloy Power involves filling power delivery components with a high endurance compound that can better resist heat. Super Alloy Power components lead to 15%* faster performance, a wider overclocking margin, and products that last 2.5* times longer than generic graphics cards.
The DirectX® 11-compatible ASUS HD 6770 DirectCU Silent features 800 stream processors and 40 texture units, plus 1GB of GDDR5 video memory. This means it is more than able to handle HD gaming with details and effects set to medium or higher, which was unheard of with previous silent cards. The HD 6770 DirectCU Silent is therefore an excellent choice for consumers who require a quiet computing environment, and at the same time are unwilling to sacrifice potent multimedia and gaming capabilities.
Product ( ASUS HD 6770 DirectCU Silent graphics cards ) highlights
- ASUS DirectCU Silent graphics cards are the coolest silent choice currently available. Totally quiet 0dB passive cooling creates a hushed usage environment and runs 16%* cooler than conventional passive cards, presenting unmitigated multimedia and gaming performance
- The heatsink on the HD 6770 DirectCU Silent offers up to 95%* larger surface area than its respective reference design for faster heat dissipation
- ASUS exclusive Super Alloy Power components offer a 15%* performance boost and 2.5* longer product lifespan
- The HD 6770 DirectCU Silent ships with 1GB of GDDR5 video memory to handle HD gaming in high detail and with most effects turned on
ASUS HD 6770 DirectCU Silent graphics card specifications:-
- 800 stream processors
- 40 texture units
- 128-bit Memory interface
- 1GB GDDR5 Memory
- Core Clock: 850MHz
- Memory Clock: 1200 MHz (408 GHz effective)
- Supports: Eyefinity and HD3D technology
Info taken from ASUS Share this post on ASUS HD 6770 DirectCU Silent graphics card