SeaMicro Freedom Fabric Storage Review
The SeaMicro Freedom Fabric Storage Family consists of three storage enclosure offerings to address the varying application needs from cloud computing, big data, and web to distributed data processing and data warehousing.
Ultra-dense capacity optimized SAS/SATA storage system that supports up to 84 SAS/SATA LFF or SFF in five RU for up to 336 TB of capacity or up to five petabytes per SM15000.
2RU capacity-optimized SAS/SATA modular storage system for enterprises wanting to scale capacity as their need for data storage grows. Supports up to 12 LFF 3.5” SAS/SATA disks for up to 48 TB of capacity or up to 768 TB per SM15000.
2U 24-bay form factor for deploying performance optimized SAS/SATA storage. Supports up to 24 SAS/SATA SFF 2.5” drives in a compact modular enclosure for performance-hungry applications.
- Capacity and performance optimized scalable 5 RU and 2 RU form factors
- Support for 2.5” or 3.5” SSD/HDD SAS/SATA drives
- Unprecedented scalability of over five petabytes of storage capacity per SM15000
- Dual IO controllers with three x4 6 Gbps mini-SAS connectors per controller for a total of 7.2 Gbps of throughput
- Hot swappable power supplies, controllers, and drives for enterprise- class availability
- Standard SCSI Enclosure Services (SES-2) to access enclosure management interface
SeaMicro Freedom Fabric Storage Specifications
Data taken from http://www.seamicro.com/products/freedomfabric_overview (accessed on Jan 14, 2013) Share this post on SeaMicro Freedom Fabric Storage Review