802.11ac Dual-band Wireless-AC1750 PCI-E Adapter
- 5th generation 802.11ac chipset gives you dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz for up to super-fast 1.30Gbps
- Flexible extended antenna placement helps you pinpoint the best reception in your environment.
- Instant Wi-Fi upgrade for your desktop: no more messy Ethernet cables needed.
- High-power design clears up dead zones with 150% greater coverage
- Custom heatsink dissipates heat for more stable and reliable non-stop operation
World's fastest 5G Wi-FiThe ASUS PCE-AC66 is a new 802.11ac Wi-Fi PCI Express adapter which upgrades your desktop from tangle-some Ethernet cables to carefree industry-leading 802.11ac at up to 1.3Gbps. Plus, the stylish external magnetized antenna base gives you more flexibility in adjusting antenna placement to get the best signal reception quality possible
Fastest Wi-Fi standard: 802.11acThe PCE-AC66 uses Broadcom’s new 5th generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac chipset to reach speeds of up to 1.3Gbps through the 5GHz band, which is three times faster than 802.11n Wi-Fi. At the same time, it maintains full backward compatibility with all previous Wi-Fi protocols, providing high performance two-way transmission while ensuring a smooth transition to 802.11ac and seamless interconnection with existing devices.
No more dead zones with 150% the coverage!Powerful two-way transmission and a signal-boosting high-gain design give the PCE-AC66 improved two-way transmission that extends Wi-Fi range and coverage by up to 150% compared to generic client devices. This extended reach means the elimination of dead spots at any location, offering fast and uninterrupted HD streaming and smooth multiplayer gaming wherever you may be.
Instant Wi-Fi upgrade for desktopsWith its PCI Express interface, the PCE-AC66 plugs into any motherboard to give your desktop an instant 802.11ac Wi-Fi upgrade, with access to speeds of up to 1.3Gbps. As it connects directly to the motherboard, there are no messy cables to clutter your computing environment, and no dedicated power supply is required.
Flexible extended antenna placementThe three detachable antennas of the PCE-AC66 can be placed remotely via bundled extension cables. A magnetized stand also comes in the box, which can easily attach to various surfaces for more placement options. By making the antennas mobile, the design offers more flexibility in choosing locations for better signal reception and quality.
Stylish Aluminum heasink handles heat for extra stabilityThe added heatsink uses highly-conductive aluminum to remove heat from the chipset, ensuring greater reliability for non-stop operation. Lower temperatures translate into a more stable device in all climate conditions, even during hot summers, and greater stability means more consistent connectivity and longer product lifespan. Plus, the heatsink has been crafted for a stylish look, once more showing ASUS always goes beyond the spec.
ASUS PCE-AC66 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless Adapter Specifications
- Network StandardIEEE 802.11ac
- Antenna3 x R SMA Antenna
- Operating Frequency2.4GHz/5.1~5.8GHz
- Operation Channel11 for N. America, 13 Europe (ETSI)
- Data Rate802.11ac : downlink up to 1300Mbps, uplink up to 1300Mbps(20/40MHz)
- Output Powerb mode : 24.5 dBm
g mode : 19 ~23 dBm
n mode : 18 ~22 dBm
- ModulationCCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, OFDM
- ManagementTransmission power adjustment
- UtilitiesWireless setting
- Security64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK
- CertificatesCE, FCC, C-Tick, IC, NCC
- Dimensions103.3 x 68.9 x 21 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight125 g (Device Only)
- OS SupportWindows® 8
Data taken from http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/ (accessed on Jan 16, 2013)