Seagate FreeAgent® GoFlex™ Desk External Drive
- Model STAC1000100 USB 2.0 1 TB
- Model STAC2000100 USB 2.0 2 TB
- Model STAC3000100 USB 2.0 3 TB
- Model STAC1000101 USB 3.0 1 TB
- Model STAC2000301 USB 3.0 2 TB
- Model STAC3000101 USB 3.0 3 TB
- Model STAC4000100 USB 3.0 4 TB
FreeAgent® GoFlex™ Desk External Drive
- Features USB 2.0 or 3.0 plug–and–play connectivity
- Ensures automatic continuous backup and protects your privacy with powerful encryption software
- Lets you upgrade to a faster interface to increase your transfer speeds when paired with another GoFlex Desk desktop adapter
- Includes an illuminated capacity gauge
The GoFlex™ Desk external drive delivers high-capacity storage and automatic, continuous backup with encryption for all your files with its pre-loaded software. The included plug-and-play USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 adapter makes it easy to connect to your PC or Mac® computer and it displays the drive’s available storage capacity. As the world’s most upgradable external desktop drive, you now have the ability to upgrade your connection interface to suit your needs. Plus, the option to place the drive vertically or horizontally complements any desktop.
Access files with the interface of your choice.
Available with the standard USB 2.0 interface or the USB 3.0 interface, or upgrade to the FireWire® 800 adapter.
Free your files.
With the included NTFS driver for Mac®, you can now interchangeably store and access files from PC and Mac computers without reformatting. The NTFS driver is simply installed once on your Mac computer, allowing it to access and store files in a PC compatible format*.
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for Faster Performance
The GoFlex Desk drive is available with a USB 3.0 interface that provides up to 10x faster data transfer rates compared to USB 2.0 interfaces. USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 interfaces so you have the flexibility to access files from any PC.
* Reformatting to HFS+ required to use backup software for Mac or Time Machine® software
- USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 Plug-and-play
- Easy-to-use pre-loaded backup software with encryption
- World’s most versatile external drive - upgrade to a faster interface with a GoFlex™ Desk desktop adapter
- Includes GoFlex Desk USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 adapter with capacity gauge display
- Offers both vertical and horizontal drive orientation
- 2-year limited warranty
Seagate FreeAgent® GoFlex™ Desk External Drive Overview
Safe, secure, easy to use
With the GoFlex Desk, it's easy to backup, secure and access your content.
- Ensures automatic continuous backup of your data
- Secures your backed up files and protects your privacy with powerful encryption software
- Includes the Seagate® Dashboard management tool for easy management of backup schedules and file encryption, and viewing drive statistics
- Includes the GoFlex Desk USB 2.0 or 3.0 desktop adapter with illuminated capacity gauge
- Offers vertical or horizontal orientation to fit in any desktop environment
Works interchangeably on both PC and Mac® computers
Whether you have a PC or a Mac® computer—or if you go back and forth between the two—you can access and save files on the same portable hard drive anytime without reformatting*.
*Reformatting to HFS+ required to use backup software for Mac or Time Machine® software
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (32–bit & 64–bit) operating system or Mac® OS X operating system 10.4.9 or higher
- USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- For the USB 3.0 interface: SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds or backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speeds).
The GoFlex Desk external drive lets you upgrade to faster transfer speeds, and customize your experience to suit your digital life.
- Offers upgrade cables and kits that make it easy to move up from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 or FireWire® 800 for up to 10x faster transfer speeds for your large files and HD movies
- Learn more about how you can customize your GoFlex Desk
- The USB 3.0 cable is backward compatible with USB 2.0 interfaces so you can access files from any PC.
- You are already using a GoFlex Desk and want to use the same adapter to connect your new GoFlex Desk; or
- You want a faster interface than USB 2.0—like USB 3.0 or FireWire® 800—right from the start
What's in the box
- GoFlex Desk Drive
- Pre–loaded backup software with encryption
- GoFlex Desk USB 2.0 or 3.0 adapter base with capacity gauge*
- 5-foot (150 cm) USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable*
- Quick Start Guide
*Not included in drive–only version
Technical Specifications of GoFlex™ Desk Kit 4TB
- Model Number : STAC4000100
- Interface : USB 3.0
- Capacity : 4TB
- Height : 158mm (6.22 in)
- Width : 124mm (4.88 in)
- Length : 44mm (1.73 in)
- Weight (typical) : 1080g (2.38 lb)
- Shipping Weight : 1.080kg (2.381 lb)
- Automatic Backup Software : PC & Mac
- Warranty : 2 years
- Encryption : 192-bit Triple DES
Below are some information about the Region, Product, Interface, Capacity, Model Number, UPC Code, Multi-pack UPC of some of the available Seagate FreeAgent® GoFlex™ Desk External Drive products ( they are in the same order as mentioned:-
- AMER - GoFlex Desk Kit - USB 2.0 - 500GB - STAC500100 - 763649028728 - 10763649028725
- AMER - GoFlex Desk Kit - USB 2.0 - 1TB - STAC1000100 - 763649023389 - 10763649023386
- AMER - GoFlex Desk Kit - USB 2.0 - 2TB - STAC2000100 - 763649023419 - 10763649023416
- AMER - GoFlex Desk Kit - USB 2.0 - 3TB - STAC3000100 - 763649023471 - 10763649023478
- AMER - GoFlex Desk Kit - USB 3.0 - 1TB - STAC1000101 - 763649028377 - 10763649028374
- AMER - GoFlex Desk Kit - USB 3.0 - 2TB - STAC2000103 - 763649027899 - 10763649027896
- AMER - GoFlex Desk Kit - USB 3.0 - 3TB - STAC3000101 - 763649028179 - 10763649028176
Information taken from Seagate site