ROG ARES II: dual HD 7970 GPUs and hybrid air/ liquid cooling
- Hybrid thermal design: dissipating heat equal to 600W with 2-slot air/liquid cooling
- First card with 13% faster and 31°C cooler performance than reference GTX 690
- Acclaimed DIGI+ VRM joins superior quality 20-phase Super Alloy Power for precise digital control, enhanced performance, reliability, and card longevity
- GPU Tweak: modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more, all via an intuitive interface
Limited Edition. Unlimited Power
ASUS Exclusive Innovation
The Performance King13% faster than GTX 690. 130% faster than HD 7970
Twin HD 7970 GPUs provide the fastest graphics performance of any card currently on the market. Its 6GB GDDR5 video memory means smooth high-count framerates in any PC game available or forthcoming in the near future.
Hybrid Air/Liquid Thermal Design31°C cooler performance than reference GTX 690
All-new innovation cools the world’s fastest graphics card, which fits in a 2-slot height. Dedicated liquid cooling for the dual GPUs joins a dust-proof fan that dissipates heat from critical components to knock temps down and increase stability.
DIGI+ VRM with 20-phase Super Alloy PowerPrecise digital control enhances performance, reliability, and card longevity
ARES2-6GD5 is built with carefully-designed massive 20-phase power delivery, unmatched by any other graphics card for the ultimate in performance and spectacular power delivery. This ensures ample room for experimental performance tuning, as its DIGI+ VRM digital voltage regulation design augments precision overclocking capabilities, which are further supported by the use of hardened Super Alloy Power capacitors, chokes, and MOSFETs. These components are forged under extreme pressure and temperatures to increase reliability, power output, and overall card lifespan while eliminating bothersome choke buzzing noise, unlike much tamer reference cards. All these and more enable the absolute best in overclocking potential and experience.
GPU TweakThe world's first graphics overclocking tool.
￭ Shows detailed specs and actual card status with GPU-Z
￭ Monitoring widget provides real-time detailed multi-parameter info
￭ 2D/3D switcher locks cards in 3D mode for higher benchmarks
￭ Automatically checks and updates drivers and BIOS versions
Graphics GPU Features
Powered by AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 GHz Edition
28nm GPULess power consumption & more efficient transistor
PCI Express 3.0Delivers double the bandwidth per lane of PCIe 2.0 for faster GPU-CPU communication
DirectX® 11 SupportBring new levels of visual realism to gaming on the PC and get top-notch performance
AMD Eyefinity TechnologyBroaden your gaming landscape across up to six independent displays simultaneously via DisplayPort or DVI connectivity. Now fully certified and supported by over a 100 games.
CrossFire X SupportMulti-GPU technology for extreme performance
AMD HD3D TechnologyImmerse in stereoscopic 3D gaming and get up close and personal with your favorite stars while watching Blu-ray 3D. AMD HD3D is also designed for professionals who create complex visual effects and detailed data visualizations.
Microsoft Windows 8 compatibleGives you access to advanced computing experiences with the latest operating system so you get more done with your PC
ASUS ARES2-6GD5 dual HD 7970 GPUs Specifications
- Graphics EngineAMD Radeon HD 7970x2
- Bus StandardPCI Express 3.0
- Video MemoryGDDR5 6GB
- Engine ClockGPU Boost Clock : 1100 MHz
GPU Base Clock : 1050 MHz
- Memory Clock6600 MHz ( 1650 MHz GDDR5 )
- ResolutionD-Sub Max Resolution : 2048x1536
DVI Max Resolution : 2560x1600
- InterfaceDVI Output : Yes x 1 (DVI-I), Yes x 1 (DVI-D)
HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (via DVI to HDMI adaptor x 1 )
Display Port : Yes x 4 (Regular DP)
- Accessories1 x CrossFire cable
3 x Power cable
1 x DVI to HDMI adaptor
- Power Consumptionup to 500W3 additional 8 pin PCIe power required
- SoftwareASUS Utilities & Driver
ROG GPU Tweak
- ASUS FeaturesFan Sink
Super Alloy Power
- NoteCard: 11.8" x 5.5" x 1.8"
Radiator: 4.6" x 5.8" x 1.9"
Radiator Fan: 4.7" x 4.7" x 1"
● Support for six simultaneous displays may require complementary products compatible with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport.
Data taken from http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ARES26GD5/ (accessed on Jan 25, 2013)