Dell vStart 50 - Virtualization
Dell vStart 50 - Virtualization Review
Quickly deploy a virtualization environment for your small to midsize business or enterprise branch office with the preassembled, ready-to-run Dell vStart 50.
- Start simple: A complete package helps you start realizing the benefits of virtualization without the complexity
- Start fast: Delivered with everything you need, ready to run
- Start smart: Preassembled and preconfigured, designed to run your smaller workloads
A smart start to virtualization.
It's time to take the guesswork out of the elements you need to set up a virtualization environment. With Dell vStart 50, you get everything you need, preracked and ready to go.
No specialized skills required
Rapidly deploy a preconfigured virtualization infrastructure for your small or midsize business without assembly, testing and other tasks requiring specialized IT skills.
- Everything you need is delivered in one package, including a standard Dell rack with PowerEdge™ servers, PowerConnect™ switches and EqualLogic™ storage.
- Deployment services help ensure deployment is done right the first time.
- Designed to support smaller workloads, making it ideal for busy small to midsize businesses or enterprise branch offices.
- Delivered ready to run, vStart 50 is preracked, precabled, pretested and preconfigured for quick deployment without extensive design and configuration cycles.
- Virtualization management extensions ensure seamless deep device-level data and automated actions.
Choose a version of vStart 50 preloaded with the OS and hypervisor you prefer. Each is ideal for core-flexible infrastructure and application hosting for small to midsize companies as well as full virtualization infrastructure for enterprise branch offices.
Dell vStart 50m includes:
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 RX2 Data Center Edition with Hyper-V™
- Dell Management Plug-ins
The customer can optionally buy Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010 to achieve management capabilities for physical and virtual infrastructure.
System Center Essentials with Windows Server 2008 is IT management designed for midsize businesses. It enables you to run, review, save, print or email information about the status of your IT environment. Key benefits include:
- Single console management that helps you monitor physical and virtual servers, hardware, clients and more from a single console.
- Integrated troubleshooting and resolution for servers, clients and IT services.
- Automated system updates give you the choice to automatically or manually apply updates to Microsoft OS and Microsoft or non-Microsoft applications
Dell vStart 50v includes:
- VMware ESXi and VMware® vCenter™ 60 day trial licenses
- Dell Management Plug-ins
- Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter provides seamless element management and monitoring for Dell servers. Key benefits include:
- Accomplishes zero-touch bare-metal hypervisor deployment without PXE
- Leverages VMware vCenter roles and permissions
- Automates remediation with Phone Home capabilities
- Updates firmware directly from vCenter
- Provides integration of on-line limited hardware warranty1 information into management console
Need help sizing your workloads? Dell Services is here for you.
- SMB Remote Virtualization Readiness Assessment
- IT Consulting for Server Virtualization Assessment
Quickly lay the foundation for a virtualized data center with a single Dell purchase. vStart 50 enables you to focus on your business and start building for the future.
Employ fixed implementation services and streamlined configuration to integrate vStart 50 into your existing infrastructure and management tools.
Easily plan for the future with virtualization building blocks that offer the same sizing and performance at a fixed cost that includes helpful deployment services.
Rest easy if any issues arise. All vStart 50 components are covered by a 3-year Dell ProSupport™ plan included in your purchase, giving you a single point of contact to quickly resolve any problems.
Here is the post :-
While interest in virtualization amongst small and medium businesses is on the rise, it is clear many are unsure of where to begin. Effective virtualization brings challenges such as selecting the right components, having the expertise to configure and deploy them, and training your staff on how to get the most from your investment. That’s where Dell comes in. We’re pleased to introduce vStart 50, a pre-sized, pre-racked, pre-wired, pre-tested and pre-configured Dell solution that can help you build out your virtual infrastructure. Originally launched in April, we’re the only vendor equipped to bring this turnkey solution down to earth for small and medium businesses.
vStart 50 is delivered wired and ready to run virtual machines from a single management environment - including Intel Xeon-based Dell PowerEdge servers, Dell EqualLogic storage, Dell PowerConnect switches, initial deployment services, hypervisors, and essential virtualization management extensions. It includes:
- Deployment – vStart 50 comes complete with initial setup and deployment into your current environment. Including setup of VMware ESXi and Dell Management Plug-ins for VMware vCenter & EqualLogic and Microsoft SCE. Virtual infrastructure installation has never been this simple.
- Implementation - A Dell virtualization technician will visit your site to configure your vStart 50 — at no extra charge so instead of sweating the details of virtual infrastructure best practices, you and your IT staff are free to focus on your business.
- Support. Enjoy 24/7/365 chat, e-mail and phone support — as well as Next Business Day On-Site Service — on all vStart components. Optional four-hour and mission-critical levels of response are also available for an additional cost
In addition, DPACK, Dell Performance Analysis Collection Kit, performs a complete assessment of your infrastructure including servers, storage and workloads.
So if you’re contemplating virtualization but are unsure of where to begin, don’t worry - Dell has you covered. Of course, don’t take our word for it… check out what Bill Sommer at TS Tech North America had to say about how vStart worked for his business.
Participate in the Dell SMB virtualization conversation at #DellSMBvStart and be sure to check out our video introduction to vStart here.
How would you describe your current or most recent experience in designing, building and acquiring the supporting virtualization?
Information taken from http://www.dell.com/us/enterprise/p/dell-vstart-50/pd and http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2011/09/20/vstart-50-ready-to-run-virtualization-for-smbs.aspx Share this post on Dell vStart 50 - Virtualization