Seagate Barracuda® Desktop Hard Drive Review and Specifications
The Power of OneBarracuda hard drives give you the Power of One. One hard drive platform for every desktop storage application. One drive with trusted performance, reliability and simplicity and capacity.
- 1TB/disk 7200 RPM platform provides affordable capacity up to 3TB
- Seagate OptiCache™ technology improves performance by up to 45%
- Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables reliable read/write performance even in high touch operating environments
- Seagate SmartAlign™ technology for no-hassle transition to Advanced Format 4K sector technology
- Free DiscWizard™ software enables 3TB drive use on legacy PC BIOS as well as Windows XP-based systems
- SATA 6Gb/s maximizes data transfer rates
Barracuda® hard drives give you what you want.Count on Barracuda® drives to deliver the storage innovations that drive your costs down and your performance up.
- 7200 RPM performance–from 250GB all the way up to 3TB
- OptiCache™ technology further exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved micro processor capabilities
- SATA 6Gb/s technology to further maximize performance
Maximizes hard drive storage densities.Barracuda 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables new storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 500 times smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.
Green where it counts.Barracuda® 1TB-per-disk hard drives now have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states–without sacrificing performance.
Barracuda desktop drives are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
- Barracuda® drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
- 70% or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable.
- Low power consumption
Your no-hassle transition to 4K sectors.Are you worried about moving to Advanced Format 4K sector technology? You don’t have to be with Barracuda drives.
Seagate SmartAlign™ technology makes this transition a snap:
- No utilities to run
- No extra integration steps to take up your time
Go beyond 2TB with DiscWizard™ software.The sure way to get native access to hard drives bigger than 2TB is to adopt the new BIOS standard called UEFI. If you’re not there yet, Seagate has an alternative.
Free DiscWizard™ software from Seagate provides you a means to effectively utilize your 3TB Barracuda® drive, even with Windows XP and using the standard PC BIOS. Get your free copy to go beyond 2TB today!
PERFECT WHEN YOU NEED TO:
- Build desktop or all-in-one PCs
- Create PC-based gaming systems
- Implement a desktop RAID
- Outfit direct attached external storage devices (DAS)
- Build network attached storage devices (NAS)
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Barracuda desktop hard drive
- Free DiscWizard™ software
- Interface cable, power adapter, mounting screws, and CD with software and manual*
- Quick installation guide* *These items included with self-installation kits only.
Model ST3000DM001 | 3 TB | 64MB
Model ST2000DM001 | 2 TB | 64MB
Model ST1500DM003 | 1.5 TB | 64MB
Model ST1000DM003 | 1 TB | 64MB
Model ST750DM003 | 750 GB | 64MB
Model ST500DM002 | 500 GB | 16MB
Model ST320DM000 | 320 GB | 16MB
Model ST250DM000 | 250 GB | 16MB
Barracuda 3TB Hard Drive
|Areal density (avg)||625Gb/in2|
|Height||26.1mm (1.028 in)|
|Width||101.6mm (4.0 in)|
|Length||146.99mm (5.787 in)|
|Weight (typical)||626g (1.38 lb)|
|Spin Speed (RPM)||7200 RPM|
|Random read seek time||<8.5ms|
|Random write seek time||<9.5ms|
|Annual Failure Rate||<1%|
|Maximum start current, DC||2.0|
A detailed comparison of the technical specifications of all the currently available Seagate Barracuda® Desktop Hard Drives can be obtained in the picture below. Click to view at full size:-