AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 driver and Catalyst™ 11.8 preview driver
This month’s AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 driver release comes with a sneak peek into the upcoming AMD Catalyst™ 11.8 driver which we are extremely excited about. But first things first, let’s briefly talk about the AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 driver.
As many of you know, some months we focus on performance improvements much like you will see with the AMD Catalyst 11.8 Preview driver. Other months we focus on adding exciting features such as AMD Steady Video like you saw with the AMD Catalyst™ 11.6 driver. However, this month we took a slightly different approach. Thanks to feedback from our community, we’ve focused on resolving some minor issues that have been reported. We work tirelessly to continually improve our drivers, and here’s a look at the issues we’ve resolved in AMD Catalyst 11.7.
- Issues experienced with mouse cursor lag
- Log event (Event ID 62464) issues when playing video content
- System hangs seen in the AMD Catalyst™ 11.6 driver on specific HDMI and DP displays
- Blu-ray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly displays a blank screen.
- Some Divx format files no longer display video corruption using WinDVD.
- AMD SteadyVideo is now applied to Home Video clips using WinDVD 10.
- Chequerboard corruption is no longer displayed intermittently when playing DirectX 10 titles in an AMD CrossFire™ technology configuration and AMD Eyefinity technology-enabled.
- Shogun II now renders the cinematics correctly when run in various Eyefinity configurations.
- Video playback now works correctly when Hardware acceleration is enabled with VLC Player version 1.1.9.
- AMD CrossFire technology now functions correctly when playing Hamilton’s Great Adventure.
- PowerDVD now correctly handles 3D Blu-ray content.
Now let’s talk about the AMD Catalyst™ 11.8 Preview Driver which most of you are probably excited to learn about. With this preview of next month’s driver you are going to see some amazing performance improvements which are highlighted below. You will also see how we are further enabling the 3D ecosystem by offering AMD HD3D technology support on some of the latest and greatest DisplayPort panels on the market.
Here a few quick highlights of what you can expect to see with the AMD Catalyst™ 11.8 Preview driver.
- Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays.
- Improves performance up to 13% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version at 2560×1600 resolution and 4X Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 GPU
- Improves performance up to 7% in Shotgun 2 – Total War at 2560×1600 resolution and 4X Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6770 GPU
- Improves performance up to 13% in Call of Duty: Black Ops at 2560×1600 resolution and 4X Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6770 GPU
Last but not least I want to thank everyone for the feedback and comments we have been receiving from the community. Please continue to send us your feedback as we do review them all*.
*IF you are having technical issues with the AMD Catalyst™ driver, or your graphics card please report your issues.
To download the AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 driver, go to http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx.
The AMD Catalyst™ 11.8 Preview driver can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst118DriverPreview.aspx
Chris Bell is a Product Marketing Manager at AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such links sites and no endorsement is implied. Share this post on AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 driver and Catalyst™ 11.8 preview driver