Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Carbon Now Optimized for Windows 8 Touch
Thin, light and durable carbon fiber Ultrabook captures the Windows 8 experience
Weighing in at a svelte 3.4 pounds and just 20.8mm thin, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch is constructed with carbon fiber material that provides strength and durability beyond traditional notebook materials. Users can interact naturally with smooth 10-finger touch on the vibrant 14-inch HD+ display and further enrich their Windows 8 experience using the large multi-gesture glass touchpad.
Pricing and Availability1
The ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch is available now at www.lenovo.com or through Lenovo business partners. Prices start at $1,499.
- Model Highlights
Processor Intel Core i5-3427U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.80 GHz)
Operating System Windows 8 Pro 64
Display Type 14.0" MultiTouch Premium HD+ (1600x900) LED Backlit Display, 720p HD Camera. No WWAN
System Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Base Intel Core I5-3427U Processor (up to 2.80 GHz, 3MB L3, 4GB 1333MHz DDR3L On Board) MultiTouch
Total Memory 4 GB PC3-10600 DDR3L SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM)
Pointing Device TrackPoint with Fingerprint Reader and Clickpad - Type US
Hard Drive 128GB Solid State Drive, SATA3
Integrated Battery Battery
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0 with Antenna
Integrated WiFi Wireless LAN Adapters Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205S (2x2 AGN)
Integrated Mobile Broadband No Mobile Broadband support
Warranty 1 Year Depot/Express Warranty
THE LENOVO THINKPAD X1 CARBON TOUCH
THE BEST JUST GOT BETTER
- Microsoft® Office 2010 (product key required for activation)
- Norton™ Internet Security
- Windows® Live Essentials
- Access Connections
- Password Manager
- Power Manager
- Rescue and Recovery
- Simple Tap 3.0
- System Update
- Priority Technical Support
- Makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management services.
- Warranty Upgrades (On-Site and Next Business Day
- Maximizes PC uptime and productivity by providing convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
- Warranty Extensions (1- to 5- Year Total Duration)
- This fixed-term, fixed-cost service helps accurately budget for PC expenses, protect your valuable investment, and potentially lower the cost of ownership over time.
- Accidental Damage Protection
- Avoid the hassles of unexpected repair costs. Provides coverage for damage incurred under normal operating conditions beyond the warranty, such as minor spills, drops, or damage to the integrated screen.
- Keep Your Drive
- Retain your drive if it should happen to fail, giving you the peace of mind to know that your valuable data is secure.
- Asset Tagging
- Systems come equipped with a professional, flexible asset tag based on your exact specifications. PCs are easily identifiable and trackable right out of the box.
The User Guide can be obtained at http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/carbon_ug_en.pdf
Data taken from http://news.lenovo.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1649, http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087¤t-category-id=6E9E54C0CB3A5CE321C8D1466B302411&action=init, http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=37&Code=X1CARBON_TOUCH_UPGRADE1.5_SAP&category_id=6E9E54C0CB3A5CE321C8D1466B302411, http://shop.lenovo.com/products/us/tech-specs/laptop/thinkpad/x-series/x1-carbon-touch/ (accessed on Jan 04, 2013)